At Wise Mortgage Inc, we believe in building relationships with our clients. These relationships are built on trust and respect. Part of the process of establishing trust and respect is telling you what information we will require from you, how this information will be handled, and how this information will be kept safe. We know that your personal information is a valued asset and we want you to know that we will treat it that way.
The purpose of the following document is to inform you of:
- our information handling practices
- the reasons for these practices
- security steps in place to protect your information; and
- your role in controlling your own personal information
Collecting Personal Information
In order to provide you with our services, we may collect the following information from you:
- contact and mailing information such as your name, address, telephone numbers, fax numbers, and email addresses.
- your date of birth
- your Social Insurance Number
- employment information, asset information, and personal references
- information about the nature and financial situation of any company where are a significant shareholder
- insurance information
- your credit rating and standing as provided by Equifax Canada
- municipal and legal descriptions for your property
- any other relevant information which is necessary to provide you with our services
We may need to collect other personal information depending on the circumstances, but we will ask you for that information directly whenever possible and ensure that you agree to our collecting it.
Purposes of Collection
We will collect your personal information in order to:
- assess your needs and objectives
- secure mortgage commitments or loans on your behalf
- obtain background information that must be submitted with mortgage applications such as credit reports, title searches and insurance information; and
- answer your general questions about mortgages and the services we provide to you
We will only collect eh personal information we require to fulfill these purposes and no more.
Controlling Your Personal Information
We believe that part of establishing trust and integrity comes from allowing you to decide whether you wish to provide your personal information to us at the time we ask for it. As a result, after we have advised you of the personal information we require, and the purposes for which that information is being collected, we will have you complete a consent form which authorizes our collection, storage, use and disclosure of that information. When it is not possible to obtain your written consent, such as when we are dealing with each other over the telephone, we will obtain your oral consent.
We will record the purpose for which consent has been given by making a notation in your client file or in our computer records.
Safeguarding Your Personal Information
Like you, we Wise Mortgage Inc value your personal information. Part of valuing your personal information is making sure it is protected and kept confidential. We achieve this by:
- locking filing cabinets and areas where files are stored when no one is there
- allowing only employees who need access to the storage areas or filing cabinets to have access to them
- shredding papers containing personal information rather than placing them in a garbage can or recycling bin
- training our employees so they know our privacy policies or rules for protecting personal information and the consequences of not following them
- having employees sign a confidentiality agreement
- using screensavers so visitors to our office cannot see information on our computers
- use firewalls and anti-virus programs on our computers
- using passwords to make sure that only certain employees have access to information on computers and changing the passwords as needed
- erasing computer hard drives before we sell or otherwise dispose of them
Updating and Retention of your Personal Information
Wise Mortgage Inc will do its best to ensure that your personal information is accuracte, complete and kept current. We will accomplish this by having one of our agents or employees contact you to verify your personal information before any decisions are made or action is taken based on that information.
We will keep your information as long as is necessary to continue to meet your needs and any legal requirements we may have. However, once your personal information is no longer needed, we will destroy it.
If your personal information changes, please inform us of the change and any other information you feel is necessary. Also, if your personal information is incorrect, please notify us of the correct information.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You are entitled to access your personal information that is in our custody or under our control. If you require copies of such information or further information, please contact Wise Mortgage Inc Privacy Officer at telephone (403) 547-7283 or email@example.com.
Please note a nominal fee may be charged based on the volume of information requested.
Questions and Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns about the handling of your personal information please contact us as above. Our Privacy Officer would be happy to assist you.